jl 1000/1 weak ouput - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th June 2008, 12:33 AM   #1
shagone is offline shagone  United States
diyAudio Member

Default jl 1000/1 weak ouput

i have a jl 1000/1 here that looks nearly new inside and out besides the 8 large filter caps bulging at the top. it is not the plastic covers but the actual metal tops of the caps are swollen but not yet popped.

the amp powers on with no protection and doesn't draw high current. when you hook up rca's there is a very faint signal coming out of the speaker terminals but it doesn't change much with the gain control. the sync mounted components check fine in the board and i have new caps available. could it just be the caps or what would cause this?

i have a hifonics brutus 1500 watt max. amp with the same exact symptoms, bulged p/s filter caps and all. ????????
Old 4th June 2008, 03:37 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

How much DC voltage do you have across the positive and negative speaker terminals (black meter probe on the negative speaker terminal, red meter probe on the positive speaker terminal)?

How much DC do you have from the chassis ground terminal to the positive speaker terminal (black meter probe on the chassis ground terminal, red meter probe on the positive speaker terminal)?

How much DC do you have from the chassis ground terminal to the negative speaker terminal (black meter probe on the chassis ground terminal, red meter probe on the negative speaker terminal)?

Do you have 15v on the audio op-amps?

Hide this!Advertise here!