engine noise - bad amp??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
THIS MIGHT HELP YOU OUT

Attachments

• how_to_install_a_car_amp.gif
    how_to_install_a_car_amp.gif
    24.7 KB · Views: 97
I've run the power cable near but not directly next to the RCA for 20 years and never had a problem, but I was using alpine HU mostly. I could not do that with the mostly 70s cars/equipment I started out with in audio. I guess I might have to with this, but if it is the pioneer 880 HU, a supposedly audiophile HU...that is pretty poor design when others do not have an issue. Seems to work well so far otherwise, and again I have not tried much to fix it yet.

kay so after driving around for a while and LOVING the sound of the front speakers being amped up :D i have noticed that there still is a small amount of alternator whine coming through, but barely noticable. i think this is coming from the resistor btwn power gnd and signal gnd of the amp (i changed it back to the original 10R resistor). i will try it after my exams and hopefully that will sort it all out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.