what is this component? (surface mount)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks cecil, just had a quick look on ebay but can only find someone selling a reel of them!!

the amp works but has distorted output after a few moments... this part has a small hole in it and ohming out very low so a good place to start swapping parts out!

does anyone know what the deal is with diamond audio and esoteric audio? the board has esotric audio on it (was taped over at factory!). this one has #2 on the referance plate so a little special :)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
If you can identify it spec wise fit a legged part-- it's been done many times before. You have loads of space in there. You can confirm PNP or NPN by comparing with the other side. See what voltages the other has across it and work from there.
If it's got a hole in it there are almost sure to be other failed parts, check and compare carefully before powering up. That transistor on the heatsink in front of it looks discoloured- the PCB at any rate.
Regards Karl

i got the parts yesterday, many thanks!!!

it took me all of 30 seconds to solder the new part in with my new miniature soldering iron and it now works and sounds a treat, i'm really happy i got this working, she's a beauty and number 2 off the production line as well!!

mark.

Glad it worked out for you Marko. Next time you run across one of these LMK I have 5 spare boards for parts. They all seemed to die the same death due to badly wound rail filter toroid coils that liked to short out on themselves and place a dead short on the entire power supply.
Yours was the first one I have ever seen with a driver failure. Other issues were the upright filter / front end boards....C:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.