Best way to destroy a Subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to destroy a subwoofer. 400 watt rms, 3 inch dual 2 ohm voice coil. I need to keep the woofer intact with no visible damage. I just want to destroy one or more of the voice coils. My plan is to connect the voice coil (s) to 110 volt ac. Easy. Just listen to the 60 hz tone until it fails. My other option is to connect the coils up to a 12 voit deep cycle battery with 800 CCA's. What do you think?

The jerk rep will not take back a sub if it is not 150% bad. I returned 2 dual voice coil subs to my supplier that were smoked. Voice coils did not check ok. But they did not read 2 ohms. Voice coils did not rub, movement smooth. Sound was weak. Subs smelled so bad they left an odor in my vehicle. New subs were connected to a customer's bad RF 1500 watt BD amp. I just want to make sure they do not work 151%. I would rather not mention the brand name. It might get back to my supplier.

luka said:
Hi

Best way? Nuclear bomb, you won't even have to clean after it + there will be a lot to see

But in any case I would do that, not intentionally:whazzat:

why...put it between phases, 400v where phase is 230v, you will get a bit more, and blow more things up

If you want to go that way we can still go better as our phase to phase is 415v which is 86112w.......

In car audio you just put the driver in a randomly sized box

Reminds me of the first shop manager I had to work under.

A kid comes in and wants to put 4 8" woofers into his compact station wagon. I help him choose 8" Pyle Drivers based on his budget. I designed the box based on T/S parameters and start cutting the wood...

'Redneck of the Century' says "That box ain't big enough for 4 8's." (I can talk bad about Rednecks because I'm one, too. See my profile if you don't believe me.)

Me: "Actually it's exactly what they need. I calculated the size based on the speaker's T/S parameters, and they tell you what that particular speaker needs."

Him: "NO. That box is too small. You need a DEEP box for DEEP bass."

How silly of me.

So, I walked away and hand the job over to Mr. Brilliance who built the box 3 times as large as needed.

When done, he fires it up and the Pyles sound like garbage. He replaces them with M&M's at about twice the price, which coincidentally need a larger box and they sound much better.

Him: "See, I keep telling ya'll those Pyles ain't worth nuthin. I don't know why you keep sellin' 'em."

So that day I learned that you need a deep box for deep bass and M&M's were better than Pyles. And here I was taking physics classes to learn about this stuff.

Which inspired me to coin the phrase "Redneck Logic" for his thought process.

tsmith1315 said:

Reminds me of the first shop manager I had to work under.

A kid comes in and wants to put 4 8" woofers into his compact station wagon. I help him choose 8" Pyle Drivers based on his budget. I designed the box based on T/S parameters and start cutting the wood...

'Redneck of the Century' says "That box ain't big enough for 4 8's." (I can talk bad about Rednecks because I'm one, too. See my profile if you don't believe me.)

Me: "Actually it's exactly what they need. I calculated the size based on the speaker's T/S parameters, and they tell you what that particular speaker needs."

Him: "NO. That box is too small. You need a DEEP box for DEEP bass."

How silly of me.

So, I walked away and hand the job over to Mr. Brilliance who built the box 3 times as large as needed.

When done, he fires it up and the Pyles sound like garbage. He replaces them with M&M's at about twice the price, which coincidentally need a larger box and they sound much better.

Him: "See, I keep telling ya'll those Pyles ain't worth nuthin. I don't know why you keep sellin' 'em."

So that day I learned that you need a deep box for deep bass and M&M's were better than Pyles. And here I was taking physics classes to learn about this stuff.

Which inspired me to coin the phrase "Redneck Logic" for his thought process.

Now why would you want to do something properly. Just guess and if it doesn't work the way it should blame the equipment....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.