Amp turning off....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have one of my beloved PQ20s running 2 channels to the front stage separates, at a common load.

I rarely if ever listen to it above common conversation levels.

A few times last week the amp shuts off, as if the remote voltage went away. The amp comes back on if I turn the car/radio off and then back on. Unfortunately the PQ does not have a remote turn on or protect LED. Also the amp does not have an audible relay click for the delayed turn on.

Today it made a faint piisst noise (from speakers) when it shut off, and has been the first and only time it has done this.

It could be that the pre-outs are shutting off, I have not tested that. I have tested that it is NOT the remote turn on voltage by running a tap directly to a 12v line.

Hopefully it is the pre outs......I have a second set of RCAs running unused near the amp I will use for the subs that I will hot swap next time it happens.

Hopefully it is the head unit....I have been looking for a new one for a while!

So if it IS the amp, what would be the problem?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.