Punch 500x part location?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If the 0.1 ohm source resistors have been replaced or opened when the outputs failed, check the 12 and 20 ohm resistors connected to them. If the source resistors are in the circuit, read the resistance carefully to determine if the resistors are intact. Generally, they show signs of damage when they open. If both are intact, you'll read ~7.5 ohms across either the 12 or 20 ohm resistor. If one is open (likely the 20 ohm), you'll read ~12 ohms.

You can contact Rockford for the schematic of any amplifier that's no longer in production.

Ok, I ordered parts for this amp a while back, and just now am getting to it... Been too busy...

Anyway, I've replaced the IRF540 and IRF9540 with brand new parts on the bad channel and replaced all bad 20 ohm resistors so that now all of them read ~7.5ohms. All of the output resistors are good.

The amp powers up and does not draw excessive current, and plays audio out of all channels.

One problem:
One of the channels is distorted and shows about 50mV of DC on it. What could be the cause? This is on the same channel the guy had the IRF540 and IRF9540 transposed... I don't see any damage to the drivers transistors: MPSA006 & MPSA56. Not sure what else could have been damaged.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.