Unique Autosports

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No...I think they are the real deal and I love watching Unique Whips. I know there are Auto Stereo Shops around here in my area but they think they are the S$%# and act all cocky and all and they are not all that. I'm glad there is a good quality car show like this on as they only had one type of show on before and it was from a place called Audio Express and all they had was people calling in with questions. Quite boring. I'm glad to see a show on the air that shows how to do things to fix up your ride. I like the guys on the show as well.

The only one I don't like is Castro he's a dic$
and treats his help like shi% , plus he's an idiot!
I do like the show and the coolest cars, I used
to have a shop of my own back in the early 90's
brings back memories. Remy should open his
own shop.

Yeah...I still like Castro but he can be a bit controlling and hard sometimes. He is under a immense amount of stress though to try and get those cars done in that short of a time frame (No doubt thanks to the celebs and their pushy arogant ways). It's unbelievable how fast they can get the cars done :bigeyes: Can you imagine what the team could do if they had like a week to do a car instead of 2 days??? I really like Reme....He looks like a fun guy to be around and work with...Although he looked like he could get a bit worked up from time to time as well but that's the way we all are...I get stressed out at work from time to time myself. He's a great artist and defiantly knows his way around the shop. I would LOVE to have a sub enclosure built by him...Would be insane!!! :cool:

Some of these shows are interesting, but they do so much to jazz them up for the typical idiot audience that apparently watches all the TV out there....it often wrecks it for me. I see them do some amazing interior work and they hardly ever show how they do it. Other times I see them do something really temp and cheezy that works, but cheezy just the same...or right, they do stuff for show when you know a different setup would perform better. Some shows just have a person or two always on camera running around cussing out everybody, what kind of shop is that and what is the point other than the producer of the show putting that in there for the benefit of ratings. I'd tell him to get *ed if I worked there.

I do all my stuff stealth as I can and these days I don't have the time to make the parts nobody sees look impressive, so I just make it clean and practical.

The show is a joke...all of the installs are for show. Reme seems as if he knows very little about enclosure design. To me it looks like he just builds the enclosures to fit between the well wells. I've seen a few way oversized sealed enclosures that were too big because it looked good.

Every time I see him setting up the amps he does it before even wiring them up and listening to the speakers and subs.

aznboi3644 said:
The show is a joke...all of the installs are for show. Reme seems as if he knows very little about enclosure design. To me it looks like he just builds the enclosures to fit between the well wells. I've seen a few way oversized sealed enclosures that were too big because it looked good.

Every time I see him setting up the amps he does it before even wiring them up and listening to the speakers and subs.

I think the show is Ok, but it just for TV, Reme believe it or not knows quite a bit, but his hands are tied becuase of the all might Will, which I hear is not all that bad of a guy himself. Remeber its TV and his ways make for a better show.

Remeber the show with Gary Biggs, Fishman, and Steve Brown came on the show. Not that was a custom install. Most of the stuff they do is the get the car in and out with the least amount of work for the most profit. Remember they deal with the high rollers who has more money then they really know what to do with and 90% of them have no idea what they want when they drop the car off. They say make it hot. So most to them get a install and that looks very close to every other install Unique does. Why? Because it faster to do it that way. You can get more cars in and out that way and what does that mean for Will more money, more money.

Havent been impressed with much I've seen on the show either.From just watching the show,the upuhulstry guy is the most impressive to me.Some of the Custom installs shown on the show just remind me of when everyone was fiberglassin and fleecing everything and anything they got their hands on in early 2000-2005 car audio.I don't understand why they dont do more indepth shows,as the fear of releasing trade-secrets to competiors is unwarrantied.Martha Stewart even showed how its done.The show is a breath of fresh air from the pollution of Pimp my Ride.But unless it can evolve it will die out like Xvibit's rapping career:smash:

amc32 said:
Havent been impressed with much I've seen on the show either.From just watching the show,the upuhulstry guy is the most impressive to me.Some of the Custom installs shown on the show just remind me of when everyone was fiberglassin and fleecing everything and anything they got their hands on in early 2000-2005 car audio.I don't understand why they dont do more indepth shows,as the fear of releasing trade-secrets to competiors is unwarrantied.Martha Stewart even showed how its done.The show is a breath of fresh air from the pollution of Pimp my Ride.But unless it can evolve it will die out like Xvibit's rapping career:smash:

Ya, Pat is the man.

I just woke up from my sleep,I was having a nightmare that something terrible just happened to my car.When I realalized everything was ok.I noticed I fell asleep with the TV on and Unique Whip was playing in my sleep.Its amazing that I didnt swallow my tongue in my sleep.When I woke up all I saw was window tinting and spray paint on my JL Audio amps.My first thought was my 14 year old son was praticing his car audio moves.But he wasn't It was Will and Remey cheerleading for another gutter ball install.I gotta remember to get a Clap-on next time I at Big Lots.

amc32 said:
I just woke up from my sleep,I was having a nightmare that something terrible just happened to my car.When I realalized everything was ok.I noticed I fell asleep with the TV on and Unique Whip was playing in my sleep.Its amazing that I didnt swallow my tongue in my sleep.When I woke up all I saw was window tinting and spray paint on my JL Audio amps.My first thought was my 14 year old son was praticing his car audio moves.But he wasn't It was Will and Remey cheerleading for another gutter ball install.I gotta remember to get a Clap-on next time I at Big Lots.

LOL:D

Joke!!! The one of the shops I worked for was turning out that kind of work in the 80's when we competed in the CAN series (Car Audio Nationals)... before IASCA...

Most of his custom install methods were old when I retired 8 years ago. I'm not trying to be some sort of keyboard warrior or install guru and would have made no comment about it, as it is decent work. But they make out like they are the only shop in the world that can do it. Hell there are 3 here in town in south Alabama that can do it.

They just need to turn the gain down on the ego about 10 steps... That is all.

I am kind of late chiming in on this, but watching Unique Whips motivated me to work on my own cars once again. The last two times I was lazy and paid for a "professional" install, something went wrong with the "professional" install.

In 2000, I had my HU/amps/speakers/alarm professionally installed in my 2000 Ford F150 and a crimp came loose on the remote turn-on of my Alpine 7941 and blew the remote output relay. The alarm was zip tied to my steering column and I could easily get to the brain to unplug it.

In July 2007, I paid to have a subwoofer added to the factory system in my 2007 Accord EXL V6 6MT. That "professional" pulled the wrong fuse out of the fuse box while the car was running, resulting in the tripping of 13 error codes. I had to pay the dealership $80 to reset the codes because leaving the battery disconnected overnight DID NOT fix the problem like the "professional" said it would.

In November 2007, I started doing my own installs once again. Of course, I go OVERKILL with my wiring because I usually solder, heatshrink, then tape or heatshrink the heatshrink:D If I do use crimp connectors, I dip the wire ends in Kopr-Shield prior to inserting them in the crimp connector then I heatshrink over the crimp connector. Sure it takes a little longer, but my connections NEVER give me problems. I take all my hobbies seriously;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.