Subwoofer problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, my car was recently broken into and destroyed.

I have my sub-woofer out of the car now and want to know if it is possible setting up a car sub-woofer in a home audio system?

The power from a car battery is only 12v ? The Sub has a built in amplifier and is 20A , if that helps.

Cheers,
James

You can run it on a 12v power supply, like used in testing auto equipment or running ham radios/etc. It is likely it will not take full 20A at max output...depends on how loud you plan on running it how large a power supply you need. The big ones are expensive to by new, like over 20A. Some people recommend the pyramid brand for a good price and they seem to work fine, if you can find them there. Most are actually 13.5-14v for auto power. Or you can try to run an old PC power supply or something like that. The wall warts do not put out that much power.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.