Kicker ZX1000.1 repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
look at what arrived tonight....

CIMG7518.jpg

now, off to work!!!! :D :D :D

I have done a bit of power testing with the amp.

with a 2 ohm load, with full signal I can send it into slight clipping (afraid to go further as the 8's are going into over excursion). clipping is clean as the tops of the sine wave simply flattens.

I have measured about 1055watts going into 2ohms and that already accounts for the voltage drop of the power cables. the only thing warm was the part of the top plate directly above the output inductor. the main heatsinks are only slightly warm.

luka said:
Hi

Note that speakers change their impedance, you sure you really got that power?

You could use small "current" resistor to measure current and voltage after that to get more real power

When calculating power, nominal impedance is usually taken because this allows to compare amplifiers. Then again, music signal is not a continuous tone and load impedance is strongly frequency dependent. Calculating the actual power involved requires a sophisticated analyzer and the reading would no longer be an indicator of how loud an amplifier can get.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.