Panasonic CQ-C9901U bridged install?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy,

I picked up a used Panasonic CQ-C9901U on ebay, one of the tripath based class-t amps. Could I bridge the front & back L/R channels to drive a set of JBL 8" drivers in the car doors? I'm only looking to install two drivers, as its a small car, Mazda Miata. Also, I'm looking to get max loudness, as its a Miata, and you need to crank the tunes to get over the wind noise :)

Anyhow, anyone know if its possible to bridge these amps? The manual I found online sucks.

The also have a built in low pass filter for the rear channel, so I could hook up a sub directly to the deck, but would much rather just go with the two door drivers (and 2 tweeters on the console).

Not sure if this question belongs here or in the class-D forum...

Cheers,
Mitch - a total DIY audio newb.

The amps in this head unit are very similar in function (at the output terminals) to standard head unit amps. Each of the outputs is already bridged. You will gain no power by using wires from two channels to bridge speakers. They also use common mode chokes for the output of each channel, it's possible that using the positive from one channel and the negative from a different channel could result in a lower quality signal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.