What type of CAP?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well i got a 2000w SPL and 2 12" Kickers comps, i was wondering if a soundstream 4 farad digital cap is any good for it. My lights dont dim or anything but i cant turn it up loud or my amp turns off everything. I am upgrading my alternator after i swap my motor, but for mean time will this cap help me? Or if you guys know of any other caps please not them. I dont want a 1 farad because they dont really help. My speakers currently dont have an amp but they are all kicker 6.5 KS series.

what impedance are the subs??

how are the subs wired??

what is the model number of the amp??

that amp will not put out 2000 real watts you know.

a cap will not help an already weak electrical system.

how is the gain and/or bass boost set in relation to the source??

we need details to help you

The general rule of thumb I follow is 1 farad for every 1000w of total system power. So minimum 2 farads.

As far as the electrical system, you DID wire it directly to the battery or good distrobution block, correct? If not, rewire it. Second, you do have an inline fuse installed, correct? If not, get one. Cause your lights will dim before things start turning off, unless you connected it incorrectly.

Boss, Lightning, Stinger, and SPL are usualy pretty good brands to go with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.