what's comparable to the ppi art amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Everyone has differing opinion on amps, but any of the early ppi that were american made are excellent, even the sedonas were great amps. I have three ppi art amps in my car, you can probably guess I think they are the cat's meow. Look at the s/n ratios, channel seperation and distortion levels and judge for yourself.

Those PPI amps were the shiznit... I had a 1200 and a 600.2 running in my car back in the day and it was beyond awesome.

Comparable amps? Maybe the a/d/s/ PQ20/PQ10/PH15 series? Of course, the PPIs had WAY more power output per channel, but the a/d/s/ amps were very nice.

I *really* like my McIntosh MC440... the background noise levels are non-existent and it's as accurate as it can be.

Current amps? Not so sure. I'm stuck in the '80s and '90s for the most part. The last modern amp I heard that I liked was an Audison. Of course, YMMV as I've got a hearing loss from my time in the Service.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.