Audiobahn A12001DQ thudding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes it does it was in the high 50's i believe. It was also that high while it was working. If i recal pin 6 after i shorted what ever I did had 14.3V with remote on and it would climb down by a tenth of a volt slowly after the remote was removed. Also the amp does not pop on power down anymore. I wanna say it has something to do with the preamp section but again its just a guess.

Confirm that you have the following:

Positive and negative rail voltage on the outputs.

Positive and negative regulated voltage (12-15v) on the op-amps in the pre-amp section (pins 4 and 8).

0v DC across the speaker terminals.

~1v DC across pins 3 and 4 of IC 304 after the mute delay (after the red light goes off).

If you have all of the above, the voltage across pins 5 and 6 of the opto-coupler (IC 304) should be ~0.2v after the mute delay. if it's not, the opto-coupler is likely damaged. The following part should be a good substitute.

Mouser: 630-ACPL-827-060E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.