MTX Thunder 421D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have one of these here with blown power supply fets.The FETs are HUF75339P's . I am wondering what the board designation and value of the gate resistors are for these parts.I am also curious if HUF75337P's will work in this amp as replacements.They seem to be very similiar parts with the exception of the power dissipation unless I am missing something.

They have slightly different specs, but not different enough to make a difference. I don't think the power dissipation matters much; if they ever need to dissipate that much power there is something seriously wrong.:eek:

I've been using HUF75337P in a couple different amps that originally have IRFZ44N. I use 47R gate resistors and they seem to run perfectly fine.

EDIT: OK, I see that with a (Tc) case temp of 50C the HUF75339P can do a continuous current draw of ~75A and the HUF75337P can only do ~70A. Only a 5A difference and they will never be required to do a continuous >70A (I hope).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.