Mystery RF amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here are some pics of the amp in question: http://www.putfile.com/album/185437

the board looks almost identical to the rockford fosgate 360a2 on the ampguts site . The heatsink is different on mine and it looks like at one time it had a top mounted power indicator LED.Is this amp perhaps just a new version of the 360a2?There is nothing I can find on the amp at all to indicate what model number it is.I'd like to find some more info about this amp but its kind of hard when I don't really know what it is.any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also found a mystery RF amp but its a baby one. It is an 2.3 I think or maybe Z.3, bright red sink on one end & bottom with a silver square cover over the rest with texture stamped in the top. I think 2x30w and is dated on board 1998 IIRC. Need to find outputs for it or replacements, nobody seemed to have them. Only 4 TO220s. Could not find manual at RF. Lots of SMD inside, only about 4x5" or so.

Lol, I thought I looked on there! Must have missed it. Yes it is about exactly half that. If you cut the right channels off and made the PS a little smaller that would be it. I thought it might be good for tweeters or who knows. I did not know if it was a typical RF amp and under rated or not, or a cheap line? I think it is bridgeable but says nothing on it.

Yes it was a short run of their cheaper line. It is bridgeable into a 4 ohm load. Left positive and right negative, are the bridge terminals. I think they had special parts with rockford numbers on them. IRF-540 and IRF-9540 were suitable replacements. I do not remember if this amp had 4 N channel FETs or if there were 2 P channels and 2 N channels.

I dug it out, each channel has a P12P10 and a 36N06V. PS has two 36N06V. It runs and has rail voltage on right channel so I was going to put outputs in it. The P transistors must be RF parts I can't find, the 36n06v comes up IRFZ44E I think as a replacement if I wrote it down right. I also wrote down STP 36NE06. It says made in USA 5/8/96 and rail caps are nichicon 105C 2200uf 25v. According to that ampguts it would be 120w x 1 bridged, nice if I had two and they sounded good and it actually put out 100wrms or so. I think my alpine 2x30 is 90 bridged.

It does not look like anything has been soldered on board, but did have sink grease all over the sink clips.

jol50 said:
I dug it out, each channel has a P12P10 and a 36N06V. PS has two 36N06V. It runs and has rail voltage on right channel so I was going to put outputs in it. The P transistors must be RF parts I can't find, the 36n06v comes up IRFZ44E I think as a replacement if I wrote it down right. I also wrote down STP 36NE06. It says made in USA 5/8/96 and rail caps are nichicon 105C 2200uf 25v. According to that ampguts it would be 120w x 1 bridged, nice if I had two and they sounded good and it actually put out 100wrms or so. I think my alpine 2x30 is 90 bridged.

It does not look like anything has been soldered on board, but did have sink grease all over the sink clips.

Funny! i just repaired and sold one of those. mine had bad power supply fets. Nice sounding little amp! it isn't much to look at but perfect to throw onder a seat to run some highs. here is a link to the manual:

www.rockfordfosgate.com/library/manuals/2_3-2_6x-4_6x-man.pdf

whats cool is that it gives you component values to modify the crossover cards to whatever you need.

i just sold a rare 5-channel model like this too and the guy that got it is very happy with it. he has it on 4 infinity door speakers and a kicker comp 12" sub. again, a bit ugly but great sound. the plug in cards versus potentiometers for crossovers might have something to do with that?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.