Audiobahn 34 Inch Subwoofer - Anyone ever build a box for one?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jonny Hotnuts said:
not to hijack this thread but my original idea was to use a crank shaft but was cautioned that in theory would not work properly because a crank shaft speeds up and slows down depending on the position of the "rod" on the crank. It slows to 0 @ TCD speeds up until its maximum speed at 15 deg. then slows to 0 at again at 50 deg and reachs max speed again at 75 degrees........ was told the because of the speeding up and slowing down the wave it would produce would not be good.

This is correct if you are trying to produce a sinusoidal wave. In order to produce a sinusoid from a crankshaft, a scotch yoke can be used.

I've actualy done a little bit of research on your sub. It appears that they dropped the orginal production of the AWT34, going with the current styling with the 2" foam surround, calling it the AWT34X. Apart from that, I cannot see a single difference between the 2 monsters... err... I mean ultrasubwoofers.

Well, that and the price. woofersetc.com has them for only $2600 new. Of coarse, after shipping its gonna be close to $5k ;)

Off the topic (I'm trying to contact Terry Keith)

I'm sorry to post off the topic, but I'm trying to contact Terry Keith about a service manual for the Marantz CD74. I can't use the diyaudio.com email link, because I'm still a new user.

I emailed Terry on 21.04.08, but the message might have been filtered out as junk mail. (It was sent from a yahoo.com email address.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.