hifonics zeus VII stuck on pause

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a zeus vii that powers up in low power.
Those familar with the Hifonic's amp and the vari-power systems know what I mean.
In the zeus that I have there are three sets of rail-voltage values.
+- 60volts
+- 40volts
+-25volts
These values are all estimates...
And as the amp works,it detremines the rail voltage to use based upon its thermal condition.
My amp works,but its stuck in lower power +-40volts.
Any and all help will help.

And as the amp works,it determines the rail voltage to use based upon its thermal condition.

I would disagree with your statement above.The amp power supply has three stages for efficiency reasons and by design. It steps up when driven to do so by the audio drive signal level. And releases back as the audio level drops back. It was built this way so as to prevent excessive heat build up and energy waste. It was a cooler running amp because of this. The power supply has a temp sensor that detects overall sink temp and the PWM controller is inhibited to handle any need to protect the amp by shutting down the amp in a overheat situation.

It should be:
+&- 16 volts DC < Idle, and low level listening
+&- 38 volts DC < typical play volume
+&- 56 volts DC < Loud enough to drive you blurry eyed :)

as I recall..if its adjusted to spec on the board stenciling...Just a FYI, yours by description is in Mid band power +&- 38 volts...

Are both +&- rails turned on equally? Are you getting +38 and - 38 to the outputs ? < measure this with respect to center tap ground of the entire power supply at the toroid.

If so it tells me that possibly, a drive signal from the amp stage maybe abnormally triggering this situation. You could have a defect in one or both of the channels, and not the power supply < i.e. the power supply might just be a symptom, and not the issue.

Do you have any DC offset on the outputs to the speakers, with no load or RCAs hooked up??? If so this DC Offset in the amp channel maybe causing this power supply trigger issue.

The Expert for these is usually around here, maybe he will chime in with some advice, I know his shop can fix this for you :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.