jl audio 300 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I searched around and couldn't find one single thread on a jl audio amp, even though I could have sworn there was one just a couple of weeks ago. Anyways, a friend had one given to him by a customer and he wanted me to check it out. He says it plays both channels but one is distorted. I immediately thought it would be at least one bad output.. and sure enough it was. There is only one irf530 that is shorted, the rest read fine with it out of the circuit. I just have a few questions:
-I had a heck of a time getting the transistor clamp off and was wondering about the best way to put it back on.
-Should I go ahead and replace both 530's on the bad channel to be safe? And if I do, will I need to adjust anything or should it work fine assuming nothing else has been damaged?
My friend works for a dealer of jl so he could probably get it repaired at a decent price, he probably just wants to go as cheap as possible, lol. :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.