Are there any headunits with digital out?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to use a DCX 2496 for time delay and crossover in my car.

I was thinking it would be better to use a digital connection of I could.

Are there any headunits that have digital out, or is there any way of getting digital out from my existing headunit with a bit of soldering??

i remember some nice older sony mobile ES units had digital outs i think but i'm not sure if they only linked to propriatary sony dsp units. there were also some pioneer premiere units that had digital outs if i'm not mistaken.

look for high end older units if you want a deal.

on the other hand if your head unit has nice 24 bit burr brown d/a converters you may be better off going analog out.

The Sony ES units used a coaxial connector that linked to a XA-D210/211 adapter that provided a normal TOSLINK connector for linking to *anything* that uses optical video connections.

If I'm remembering correctly, the connector was the standard RCA type, so you might be able to make it work with the Behringer unit.

jpruden said:
The Sony ES units used a coaxial connector that linked to a XA-D210/211 adapter that provided a normal TOSLINK connector for linking to *anything* that uses optical video connections.

If I'm remembering correctly, the connector was the standard RCA type, so you might be able to make it work with the Behringer unit.
Thanks, I'll have a look at the ES units.

Right now I'm using the optical out from my iRiver h140 which goes to a toslink to coax (spdif) converter. It works like a charm, it just seems silly using an iriver in my car... A headunit with optical out would be exellent, as it will eliminate ground looks which is just as well as I'm powering the DCX thru an inverter (not ideal I know, but I use the DCX out of the the car also).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.