profile A600 2 ch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Read through the basic repair page (link below).

With the amp powered up, measure the DC voltage on the center leg of each of the output transistors (near the large resistors). Place the black meter lead on the RCA shield. If you get no reading, try placing the black lead on the ground terminal of the amp.

If you still get no voltage, measure the DC voltage on the first leg of each of the power supply transistors (black lead on the ground terminal of the amp).

Its a good idea to remove the entire board anyway, so you can check the bottom for burnt traces or cracked solder joints. I got a malibu 150 on ebay and sold it to a friend. He says it sounds way better than the punch he was running. I agree it is louder for sure.

I had a malibu 150 as well. it, 2 other amps a couple of Rockford 8's in the factory boxes , a good Sony cd player that never skipped (pre-xplode), and a nice eq were all borrowed from my truck while I was inside my place of employment.
The 120 was a few years older and had a bigger heat sink I think it is nicer looking that the 150. I also have a Redondo 80 of the same era, same heat sink different length, its had a strange buzz so I haven't had it hooked up in a long time

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.