Power Acoustik A2400db

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I replaced the rectifiers and that inductor today and I'm happy to say that the amp works.I need to go through and replace the kapton tape and add some new heatsink compund and add that E6000 to the output inductors but other than that she is good.What kind of lubricant should I use on that fan and where exactly do I apply it?It moves smoothly for the most part but every now and then it trys to get noisy so I'm gonna take care of that before it becomes a problem.

Virtually any oil will work. I'd suggest a light motor oil. Don't use something like WD-40, it won't provide long term reliability. It's best to dissassemble the fan, clean the old lubricants and reassemble it. Put a drop of oil in the sleeve when reassembling it.

Check the back of the vertical driver board to see if there are any bad solder connections. If there are, it may indicate that one or more of the driver transistors has overheated and should be replaced.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.