why are old school amps worth so much?

G&S Designs Competition 100
Anyone got the specsheet on it ?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bought this lil amp today for $15. Sparkomatic AMP 6000.
It is 60 watts of old skool power.:laugh:
Found it sitting on a shelf in a local store called Absolute Electronics.
The store was packed with vintage Tube TV's and old electronics.
The seller tested it and cleaned it for me when I was there.
Sounded really nice !
It is the smallest amp I have ever seen !
It measure 4 inches long and 3.5 inches wide.
I think it is from either 1984 or 1985

heres some pics of what it looks like

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 435
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 140
For old school amps I really like the Harman Kardons, I have the 40 watter its a CA240 sitting in a closet, just a beautiful heavy design. I swear it has more power than modern 100 watt amps. Anyway am I the only H/K amp-o-phile or are there others out there?

Last edited:
Bought this lil amp today for $15. Sparkomatic AMP 6000.
It is 60 watts of old skool power.:laugh:
Found it sitting on a shelf in a local store called Absolute Electronics.
The store was packed with vintage Tube TV's and old electronics.
The seller tested it and cleaned it for me when I was there.
Sounded really nice !
It is the smallest amp I have ever seen !
It measure 4 inches long and 3.5 inches wide.
I think it is from either 1984 or 1985

heres some pics of what it looks like

Open up the amp and take some pics!

Rarest of the rare.
Blade Avanto VTH100
Only 25 ever made
Made in Canada

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I think it's pretty simple...as some pointed out already. Today's generation cares more about easy of use than sound quality. Can they plug and play. Is it Bluetooth. Is there an app for that. Lol. Those are the questions you get well before you get asked does it sound good. Sadly...that applies to the sources as well. Using compressed formats, which most do, and amps SQ really is nullified. Point blank ... A to B comparisons with a quality lossless source, quality speakers...cables...etc. The old school amps run circles around 99% of what's made today. I'll put my Orion NT100 & NT200 up against anything new if you're putting it with components that don't mask their ability. They just flat sound better.

IMO :)

If you're running mp3's ... Well ... Tbh ... it doesn't really matter lol.

@ Tomtomjr...wow! I've never seen a collection of M&M Godfather speakers like that. Just pure jealousy here lol. Do you happen to remember a competition sub they made with a red rose logo in the center of the cone? I have forever been watching EBay for them. I competed against a guy who ran a pair back in the late '80's. I'd love to just see one again.

Picked this super small amp up today for $5. Works and sounds great too !
Panasonic M302 From 1991
Smallest amp I've ever seen. Fits in your hand !
3.8" x 2.4" x 1.4"