xtant 604 x

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im working on a xtant 604x the left front channel is not working in it i replaced 4 irf9z34's in it which were bad also all transistors the bf 422 and 423's whith a better part mpsa42 and mpsa92 also replaced all diodes which read y8 and h5 some were bad so replaced them all also replaced some surface mount resistors the 47 ohm 10 ohm 100 ohm and 1000 ohm all other channels work fine besides for the left replaced all the parts and as soon as i try and power it up it burns up the 10 ohm resistors in about a sec amp trys to draw about 40 amps of current wondering if anyone else knows what may be causing this any help would be greatly appericared

xtant x604

Hi, I am repairing this amp as well of my own. I have replaced the irfz's also but cannot figure out what these circuits that are laid out all over the board. A few are blown. they are located at r904, r917, and r919. they are all for the left rear channel. they have either 100 or 103 marked and the tops of them. thanks, I'm kind of new at this but have been about 95% succesfull with other repairs.

The markings u are talking about are surface mount resistors. The 100 markings are 10 ohm resistors and the 103 markings are 10k ohms. They are really cheap to by like maybe 5 cents a piece from digikey or the supplier of choice. also if u have any questions on what goes in the board locations u can call xtant they are very helpful the nuber is 1800 44 xtant

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.