Brax amplifier help (no output)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I was referred here a place where I could find help with my Brax amp. Since Brax is no longer sold or supported in the US I have had a tough time finding someone local or otherwise to repair the amp.

The model is the SPL competition and it powers fine (green lights all around) but there is no sound output. I ruled out the source signal to verify that in fact it is the amp that is the problem.

I would like to try my hand at repairing this if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you move the RCAs a little if possible (loose connector), use all the controls to see if they had a bad solder/etc.? Lift the cover and look for anything burnt? With a digital meter what is millivolt of the speaker leads for each channel and bridged if you run the amp with nothing hooked to it, just power?

jol50: It slowly began losing its output over a 3 month period. I checked for loose connections and burnt areas. But I am not sure whether the back side is burnt or just flux residue. I will try the millivolt test to see what I get.

Justonemoreamp: Yea sunnyvale in the bay area. That would be sweet if you could help me out. The model I have is the SPL Competition. Its rare compared to the X#### models.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.