Not clear on box size, Help please!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
went to down load and it ask for Qtc. Manual dosen't list it. just Qts.

Fs-32Hz
Qts-0.72
Qes-0.83
Qms-5.397
Vas (Cu.Ft.)-2.26
Vas (Liters)-63.99
Re-1.5ohms
Le-0.43mH
Mmd-126.5 grams
Xmax- +/-8mm
RMS-400 watts
Sd-480 sqcm
Freq. Resp.-20Hz-500Hz
Efficiency (2.8V)-92.7
EBP-39
Displacement- 0.23Cu.Ft.

can someone please run this and let me know what size box I need to build for these subs. Thanks, I hate to be so stupid.

Skooter asked:

went to down load and it ask for Qtc. Manual dosen't list it

Qtc is the resulting system Q of speaker+box combined.

Therefore, you have to specify what Qtc you want before box size can be determined.

Smaller box = higher Qtc

And Skooter said:

Ok, I am building tonight my new sub box. I have decided to stick my 2 12" in a 2.70 Cu.Ft. sealed box. wish me luck!

Obviously my post is moot at this point. But just for reference, from the parameters you posted:

Subtracting 0.23 cu ft per speaker from the 2.7 leaves 1.12 ft per speaker.

In that size box, your Qtc (theoretically) will be 1.25. This is a little high for some folks, but works well for rock and metal IME. What it means is that you will have a couple of dB rise in frequency response around the system resonant frequency. In this case that will be about 55Hz.

Your -3dB cutoff (in free space) would be about 40 Hz.

The confined space of the car will add quite a bit of low end boost, and you should be happy with the results.

Good luck and have fun building!

Tim

Good to hear a positive reply! My music normally consists of rock and roll, steve miller, motley crue, don henley, corn, metalica, cure, billy squire, 75% of the time. then I have some of the newer r&b stuff that is out. and I like to listen to instimental stuff like kraftwerk and some pink floyd too! but thanks for the input!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.