a/d/s pq20 for sale??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
or if someone has the output circuit board for sale for the pq20 i dont mind if its missing parts as long as the board is good id be willing to buy that as well my board broke in 4 places after my daughter stepped on it and theres no fixing it any help would be greatly appericate

Would you believe I was the last person to buy a PQ20 from Ebay!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220176931566

I was very lucky with this one.
The amp is preteen….looks like it just came out of the box!

Are the amp boards the same? = NO.
Are the PQ10s much easier to find? =YES
Would a (2X)-PQ 10s run 2 channels to each side of a component set be awesome? = YES (you would need to be able to configure the XO to run the tweeter from a single channel….would not be too hard…plus you could have a separate gain control for the tweeter/ woofer……)

If you have your heart set on a 20….good luck, it took me a while to find one.

The only better sounding amps have the word McIntosh on them.

I had no idea that those were worth so much. Some one gave me one a few years ago along with a Nakamichi amp and Nak subs. He wanted to make his BMW lighter and just had a pile of this stuff in the corner of his garage that he had ripped out.

I'll definitely have to give it a go in my next build and see what the fuss is about.

Jamie, it is rare as you know to find a PQ20 that clean!

I have 2 PQ20s and love'em.

Even if you paid the buy it now @ 350$ the amp is wayyyy worth it!

I paid 225 and 250 for my PQs but they do have a few little dings and maybe a scratch (still very nice).

FUnny how the PQ20 is selling for 250-400 and the PH15 is selling for upwards to 900! IMO the PQ is a better choice for most apps. So what if you have 6 channels with a PH, for that money you could buy 2 PQ20 and have 8!!!
(that is sort of what I did less I have mine bridged on a set of Dynas!).

Are those amps really that good? I mean...They are huge and bulky and you don't get much power at all from the specs I have read on them..??? :confused: I have a Alpine in my car that is a lot smaller than these and it puts out 600w of power into a 2 ohm load (Which is plenty for me) for half or triple less the cost that they are asking on some of these. I would rather have a amp like that than a a/d/s...What draws everybody to these brands of amps?? :confused:

Flyin11 said:
Are those amps really that good? I mean...They are huge and bulky and you don't get much power at all from the specs I have read on them..??? :confused: I have a Alpine in my car that is a lot smaller than these and it puts out 600w of power into a 2 ohm load (Which is plenty for me) for half or triple less the cost that they are asking on some of these. I would rather have a amp like that than a a/d/s...What draws everybody to these brands of amps?? :confused:

Yes, they are really that good. You really can't compare those power ratings to a new alpine. the clarity you get with A/D/S is insane if you know how to set it up right. the power is plenty and conservatively rated.

Flyin11:
Are those amps really that good? I mean...They are huge and bulky and you don't get much power at all from the specs I have read on them

70Wx4 is actually a LOT of power if it's real and usable!

As an experiment, you could go to a music store and have them crank up a Marshall 100W head on a 4x12 cabinet and rip off a couple of power chords for you. Imagine it in your car with the windows up. Now add two more to make it 300W. :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.