kenwood cd player usb jump drive issues - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th December 2007, 07:54 PM   #11
Flyin11 is offline Flyin11  United States
diyAudio Member

I love it!!! A shame it took me 2 Alpine decks to get another Kenwood but it rocks!! When I went to the Audio place during lunch, I was able to flip through 21 folders of music on my 8gb USB flash drive. I'm going to have a little fun with the uploading of your own backgrounds to the deck though I don't know...If I ever rip anything off a CD I have, it's just the normal 320kbps from Windows Media 11...Other than that, I really don't have a clue on how they are coded. Just says MPEG Audio Layer 3. Yeah, I was able to play wma tracks on mine as well and even wav tracks....
Old 21st December 2007, 08:38 AM   #12
ppia600 is offline ppia600  United States
diyAudio Member

So you're not using the phatnoise program to rip the tracks? Are you using your windows media player program? Maybe that's how your getting 320. Good luck on the background stuff, let me know when you get it figured out, haha. I'd like to get some custom backgrounds on mine.
I re ripped the cds at the 192 rate today and it sounds fine. No pops or any distortion that I can tell. It actually ends up being anywhere from 175 to 230 depending on the song?? That is cool though because apparently my cd player likes it in that range, at least in the M4A format. I actually deleted several cd's I had in my hard drive and re ripped them all at 192 because apparently I had them originally in 128, so now everything is at about 192. Can't wait to listen to it tomorrow! I also can't wait until my 4gb firefly drive comes in. If it doesn't have lame read only spam junk like my sandisk did, I'll be buying a few more.
Old 21st December 2007, 11:47 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

You can remove all of the Garbage on the Sandisk Drive. It has been a while since I have done one.
Old 21st December 2007, 02:50 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ppia600
So you're not using the phatnoise program to rip the tracks? Are you using your windows media player program? Maybe that's how your getting 320. Good luck on the background stuff, let me know when you get it figured out, haha. I'd like to get some custom backgrounds on mine.
I re ripped the cds at the 192 rate today and it sounds fine. No pops or any distortion that I can tell. It actually ends up being anywhere from 175 to 230 depending on the song?? That is cool though because apparently my cd player likes it in that range, at least in the M4A format. I actually deleted several cd's I had in my hard drive and re ripped them all at 192 because apparently I had them originally in 128, so now everything is at about 192. Can't wait to listen to it tomorrow! I also can't wait until my 4gb firefly drive comes in. If it doesn't have lame read only spam junk like my sandisk did, I'll be buying a few more.
Yeah..I'm not sure on all the little details I just pop in a music cd and go through the rip process on the media player. I set the options in the options menu for the ripping music part to 320kbps on a mp3 and after ripping it comes out 320. The USB isn't reading all the folders and seems to be skipping a few for some reason but I will just probably have to learn more about how it reads folders and stuff. It just skipped like from folder 4, to 6, to 8, and then went to folder 13. I don't have it on random or anything. Just might have to do trial and error and do a couple folders at a time and find out which ones might not be playing and why. Other than that, I love the looks and sound of it...Can't beat it. I just hope the internal amplifier doesn't burn or die out in the next 2 years like my other radio was beginning to do but it is a Excelon and should just fine. I got it off Ebay for $204.00 with a Ipod accessory wire and the radio itself retails for $399.00 at the audio stores so I think it worked out great
Old 21st December 2007, 03:38 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by I Am An Idiot
You can remove all of the Garbage on the Sandisk Drive. It has been a while since I have done one.
Please let me know if you remember.. it aggravates me because every time I put the sandisk drive into the computer there is a popup asking me to click on it for the sandisk website.

Quote:
Originally posted by Flyin11

Yeah..I'm not sure on all the little details I just pop in a music cd and go through the rip process on the media player. I set the options in the options menu for the ripping music part to 320kbps on a mp3 and after ripping it comes out 320. The USB isn't reading all the folders and seems to be skipping a few for some reason but I will just probably have to learn more about how it reads folders and stuff. It just skipped like from folder 4, to 6, to 8, and then went to folder 13. I don't have it on random or anything. Just might have to do trial and error and do a couple folders at a time and find out which ones might not be playing and why. Other than that, I love the looks and sound of it...Can't beat it. I just hope the internal amplifier doesn't burn or die out in the next 2 years like my other radio was beginning to do but it is a Excelon and should just fine. I got it off Ebay for $204.00 with a Ipod accessory wire and the radio itself retails for $399.00 at the audio stores so I think it worked out great
The reason it isn't reading some of the folders is because they are in the wrong format. It did that a few times with me because of that. Also, when you put the drive in the computer, click on the files to see if there is actually music. You may have just the playlist name and not any actual music files for some of the songs. Yeah, I love my kenwood too. I sell pioneer, but don't really like the huge knob and the plain blue color on the 6900ub. And the kenwood has higher preamp voltage, seperate hpf for front and rear and the performance meter.
Old 21st December 2007, 04:08 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Hmm...I'll have to look into that...What's the right format? Or I guess I can just check the manual later It just confuses me sometimes how they put it on the page...
Old 27th December 2007, 06:32 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ppia600
The reason it isn't reading some of the folders is because they are in the wrong format. It did that a few times with me because of that. Also, when you put the drive in the computer, click on the files to see if there is actually music. You may have just the playlist name and not any actual music files for some of the songs.
My folders have songs in them...Just kind of weird...It'll play them individually. Like I have 67 music files on there and they are numbered 01-67 and it will play each and every one of them. If I add a folder in, it'll play that folder. I tried adding 2 more folders today and it won't read it. It's like it's not on there or something. A friend of mine here at work showed me what the meaning is of the playing order they showed in the manual. I'm guessing that's why it wouldn't play it. I added a attachment of the playing order it says to use. From what he said it means that you have to make like a main folder saying "Rock 1" or something and then you can add all your seperate folders of artist/album names/ and so on in there. Does this look like it's what it's talking about?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg usb.jpg (40.3 KB, 56 views)
Old 27th December 2007, 07:22 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Ok..Just really quick...Just tried to do it the way it is shown and I ended up with the same problem I had before. I'm getting a bunch of files with different letters and symbols and it tries to duplicate folders and stuff like that. Is my flash drive corrupted? It won't delete those symbols or files...Says "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk" Any ideas why it's doing this? Here is a attachment...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corrupt.jpg (45.4 KB, 53 views)
Old 27th December 2007, 11:56 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

I can't tell by looking what type of files the middle ones are. If I want to delete everything I just insert the drive without the kenwood program on and right click and delete the ones I don't need after the window pops up and asks what I want to do. I also click "view files" I think.
When I delete anything with the kenwood program I always click on the "also delete from hard drive" box in the corner.
Old 28th December 2007, 12:54 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Oh...You use the disc that came with the receiver? Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. I thought you could just stick the flash drive in anywhere at anytime and put your music on it and then play it. Maybe I need to try the disc...

Well the other weird thing is that I can play the music files in the folder on Windows Media Player but if I try to copy and paste the folder onto the USB drive it comes back saying it can not play the file that the file is not a true .wma (or what type) or it doesn't support the codec that was used for it. I'm like what the..??? I mean it plays right on the folder on my PC but won't on the flash drive...

Hide this!Advertise here!