Funny story I gota share - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th December 2007, 04:29 AM   #1
skooter is offline skooter  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Funny story I gota share

Welp playing with sterios has got my friend wanting to do another system. He has a mazda B2000 with a topper and is wanting to go with 4 15's! So he says to me lets go to a good sterio shop and see what I can get. He stops by the bank and gets $5000.00 out (Insurance settelment) and we are off! went to a few but nothing that stricked his fancy. Getting late and I say lets keep lookin. We find one more shop and big signs that say Rockford, JL, Alpine, etc...... and we see the wall display from the front window. Yes this is it he says! we walk up and the guys are sitting on the counter laughing. pull on the door and it is locked. he asked me what time it was and it was like 4:45pm. he says to them, it ain't 5:00 yet! and they just keep laughing.we say come on guys we are here to buy some stuff. And they tell us that they sell the good stuff down the road at Best Buys. So we ask them if they carry roadmaster and sparkomatic stuff. They look dumb founded and ask if we are serious. we are like NO! open up. and then they say (we don't have any .99 cent specials and there mite be some old wire out back we can have.) We tell them they are a joke. then the manager or owner comes up in the parking lot and asked us to leave cause there is no parking. we tell him we want to buy some stuff and they wouldn't open up. so he unlocks the door and talks to the guys inside and ask them if we were here before 5? they say yes and he tell us to come in. once in my friend hears one of them tell the owner that we are goons and arn't going to buy nothing but mabey a windsheild sticker or key chain. so my friend walks over to him and the manager and hold 5 grand in their face and says does this look like enough for a sticker? all of a sudden were were kings!!! Talk about *** kissing. so my friend told the owner to find new help but for now he was going to blow his 5 grand down the street at his compatiton's shop! the owner even tryed to give us free cable and stuff to stay! lol !! but we just walked out and headed down the street. unfortanally the other shops had closed so we are going to go back this weekend. Just thought you guys would get a kick out of this.
Old 5th December 2007, 04:44 AM   #2
Account disabled at member's request

Was your friends name Cooter?
Old 5th December 2007, 04:52 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Nope. Hutch!
Old 5th December 2007, 05:10 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

You're lucky. In many areas, doing something like that is enough to get you killed. One or more of the guys could have easily followed you when you left the store.
Old 5th December 2007, 05:16 AM   #5
GK is offline GK  Australia
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally posted by Perry Babin
You're lucky. In many areas, doing something like that is enough to get you killed. One or more of the guys could have easily followed you when you left the store.

God bless America!

Old 6th December 2007, 07:59 AM   #6
Clipped is offline Clipped  Thailand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Clipped
i wouldve went back and bought a keychain...
Old 6th December 2007, 09:16 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Think I will see if he will go back and by one! That would be funny.
Old 7th December 2007, 01:19 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Reminds me "Pretty Woman" movie Don't try it in DC area though
Old 7th December 2007, 03:33 AM   #9
Stocker is offline Stocker  United States
diyAudio Member

At least, not until Heller vs. DC is decided... if SCOTUS manages to read "the people" in the 2nd amendment like "the people" in the rest of the Constitution, that problem could go away in a hurry.

...been praying about this one...

(as I sit here, I have 15x .40S&W on my hip, yay Texas! )
Old 7th December 2007, 05:48 AM   #10
Shaun is offline Shaun  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Funny story I gota share

Quote:
Originally posted by skooter
lol !! but we just walked out and headed down the street.
Good on you blokes! I make a point of never buying from retailers that don't give me the necessary consideration and respect. I'll go back to a shop that gives me good service, even if they may be marginally costlier than their high-volume counterparts.

Enjoyed your story!

Hide this!Advertise here!