How to ID volume & fader pots?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry, I just like the word 'hack.' ;) I have plenty of stanley knives around here, I'll do that. They will have to be pretty close, and will wait until they are done before I figure out what tubing to use. I might just mount them on a panel though, not sure yet. Do have a normal PAII to look at here now and see what they changed. I would have just put the pots on it if I could have, don't really care about remote stuff.

:D :D :D I tool a look at the pa2 I have here and it has cute little alps pots in it with numbers on them like sv 5038 and uv103a. I'll have to look them up after dinner....after all the testing I did, I see that 50 and 10....

The board is a little different but similar. You want a pic Perry?

Question; for the volume pot will a 3B taper work instead of a log? I found a RK0971221Z05...specs found here: http://www3.alps.co.jp/WebObjects/catalog.woa/PDF/E/Potentiometer/MetalShaft/RK097/RK097.PDF
Page 2 second chart near bottom. It looks right except the taper is the nearly linear instead of the 15A log. The taper chart is on one of last pages.

Page 26 is taper, 15A is log. 3B is slight taper just at ends of travel and 1B is pure linear. Or is this the right one for a UV103A?

I now also have a PAII with a bad one and it has to be the right size to fit, but the RK097 looks like the one I need. Otherwise I have to try to special order one with the log taper, if possible, not sure. The linear would make volume sensitive at low settings right? They list this one I found as an amp volume though.

HINT

THE PA2 R..... all the pots are the same with the exception of the volume which is used to turn the piece on. and the fader.... if you do not plug them in...... they are at full tilt.

next... they are all alps pots. and soldered to a cute little board.

ill check my stash and see if i have one that is apart and get you a part number tonight.

im not sure what is up with the lights....

the cables... i think you can order from the company that originally made them.

i have one in my truck and the volume knobs are infamous for going out.

i think the gain pots are all 10k audio tapers.

Yes the volume is 10K audio, but I just can't find one anyplace. I found the right one but no taper. I think I can find something to work for the rest of the 50K pots, but not stereo volume with the switch. Was wondering if I can build my own, take them apart. Otherwise I will have to get a cable made for the volume and the rest I can do with whatever pot I find that fits. That is only way tips will do it is to send to them. Have another regular pa2 with a bad volume pot too, one channel is gone.

So then maybe I should try some micro-surgery? :) Yes I think I emailed you that place with the one for some diy amp. This broken one I bet is just the wiper, it is good end to end just wiper is gone and I would guess the wipers are same for same model. Also found one with a switch but not stereo, I think they are just modular but yet to investigate that completely with other stuff that showed up here to play with. Actually now I can take that one off the pa2 board and look at it.

I could use the resistor on mine then (great!), I don't care if it is perfect just close. Heard about that someplace but did not realize it was so simple. The other one he may not like that, will try to peel that one apart soon and see what I have once I get these amps out of my way. Mouser has singles on p575 I think, even a switch on one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.