dragster da606 in protection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
got a dragster da606 recently off ebay supposedly full working order, but soon as i put power to it it goes into protection (red led comes on), any ideas what this could be? had a peak inside and there's no obvious damage apart from there was a burnt rca trace??

mark

Assuming that you repaired the burned trace...

If the amp goes into protect, it's very likely that you have at least one shorted output transistor. If you check the resistance from the center leg to the right-most leg and have any that read near 0 ohms, they are defective or are in parallel with a defective transistor.

Check them with no power applied to the amplifier.

If there are parallel components, you'd need to change all that were in parallel. From what I could find on the net, it's unlikely that this amp has more than the minimum number of transistors needed. That would mean that there are no parallel components in the audio section.

He also said that only one was reading low. That would seem to indicate that there were no others in parallel (unless he pulled one or more from the board).

Although I'd prefer to see all of the transistors in the blown channel changed, it's not absolutely necessary. You can use mixed date codes in an individual channel as long as the date codes match for the parallel components.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.