Need help finding a part. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2007, 06:52 PM   #1
Itsme is offline Itsme  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Nixa, Mo.
Default Need help finding a part.

Hello, I'm working on a Memphis amp and I have some bulged caps that need replaced but I am having no luck finding them.
The caps are >>10uf 200 volt NON-polarized radial lead<< I have tried search engine's, mouser, digi-key, wholesale electronics, Ebay, all elec. etc... No luck. So if anybody could help me it would be greatly appericated. I need 5 of them
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 06:59 PM   #2
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Louisiana
They are/were available from JBL. This is the response I received from their parts department. This is the email address:
HCGPARTS@harman.com


--------------------------
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry about the availability of one of our parts.

The part is available:

The Part # is: EC111211000

The price is $2.79 each, plus shipping and handling.

Please add tax if you live in New York, California, Florida, Arizona,
New Jersey or North Carolina.

You can order the part in 2 ways:

1. By calling us at 516-255-4525

2. Or by sending a certified check or money order (payable to Harman
Consumer Group) to:

The Harman Consumer Group

250 Crossways Park Drive

Woodbury, New York, 11797

Please allow 7-10 business days for shipping

Thanks again for your e-mail, and please let us know if you have any
other questions.

-------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 09:15 PM   #3
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Hey Itsme, was the amp making a high frequency squealing noise?
__________________
If it ain't broke Don't fix it
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 10:55 PM   #4
Itsme is offline Itsme  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Nixa, Mo.
Quote:
Originally posted by Perry Babin
They are/were available from JBL. This is the response I received from their parts department. This is the email address:
HCGPARTS@harman.com


--------------------------
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry about the availability of one of our parts.

The part is available:

The Part # is: EC111211000

The price is $2.79 each, plus shipping and handling.

Please add tax if you live in New York, California, Florida, Arizona,
New Jersey or North Carolina.

You can order the part in 2 ways:

1. By calling us at 516-255-4525

2. Or by sending a certified check or money order (payable to Harman
Consumer Group) to:

The Harman Consumer Group

250 Crossways Park Drive

Woodbury, New York, 11797

Please allow 7-10 business days for shipping

Thanks again for your e-mail, and please let us know if you have any
other questions.

-------------------------------------
Thank you Perry...


Quote:
Originally posted by I Am An Idiot
Hey Itsme, was the amp making a high frequency squealing noise?

No Idiot... (I feel bad saying that) I got the amp already like this, Not working. The only thing it does is a relay click. I haven't really went through and tested yet. Just seen the obvious bulging caps. Why have you had a similar problem?
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 11:47 PM   #5
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Yes I did, just today as a matter of fact. This amp had 2 33 mic caps. they were vented and metered less than 10 mic each. I replaced them with 2 10s and they worked fine. It was a loud high pitch squeal. Now it is fine.
__________________
If it ain't broke Don't fix it
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 02:56 AM   #6
Itsme is offline Itsme  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Nixa, Mo.
Quote:
Originally posted by I Am An Idiot
Yes I did, just today as a matter of fact. This amp had 2 33 mic caps. they were vented and metered less than 10 mic each. I replaced them with 2 10s and they worked fine. It was a loud high pitch squeal. Now it is fine.

How long has it been going since you repaired the amp?So it didn't effect anything, going with that much difference in cap size?
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help finding part for Onkyo receiver / schematics supraken Solid State 5 30th March 2009 12:51 AM
Need help finding this part swordfish689 Car Audio 3 5th March 2006 01:23 PM
Newbie needs help finding part Safe_Cracker Car Audio 5 1st January 2006 05:57 PM
Help finding a part for my LCD monitor SemperFi Everything Else 0 19th August 2005 08:45 PM
Need help finding simple part for project d-audi Tubes / Valves 7 29th October 2002 11:47 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:56 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2