active voice cancellation - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th November 2007, 05:38 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question active voice cancellation

This is what I want to do "active voice cancellation" cancelling outsite wind and road noise.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4660-10863_7-6214373.html?tag=vid.1

as shown here but I have 2005 Toyota Camry anyone know is there a way to do this using after market products? anyhelp will be appreaciated.
Old 26th November 2007, 06:05 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Active Voice cancellation is what they do in Karaoke machines. You are looking for Active Noise Cancellation. This technology is available in the Headphone market. I know of nothing available for your application.
Old 26th November 2007, 07:51 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

"ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION" yeah man thats what I mean
Old 26th November 2007, 07:58 PM   #4
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Can't really help but there's a police chopper around here that uses it. Quite surprising to turn around and find that it wasn't a cordless weedeater you were listening to.
Old 26th November 2007, 09:39 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Wow I knew they used Noise cancelling Headphones in Airplanes and Helicopters but never thought about using a speaker system on the chopper to reduce the sound on the ground. Bet that takes a little more than 25 watts per channel.
Old 26th November 2007, 10:14 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

You'd have to go DIY to implement this....

you'd have to have some mics in your car, and have to do lots of tweaking with delays and EQ....

Here's someone who DIY'ed this on thier headphones, I'm sure it can be done with cars tho...

http://headwize.com/projects/showfil...=noise_prj.htm

If only it could get rid of all the rattles and squeeks my car makes when going over bumps.
Old 27th November 2007, 12:22 AM   #7
ppia600 is offline ppia600  United States
diyAudio Member

Mount a couple of mics on the front and rear windows to recieve low frequency information and then use an amp to play the same audio out of phase with the actual signal(s).
Old 27th November 2007, 03:51 AM   #8
jol50 is offline jol50  United States
diyAudio Member

Squeaks and rattles? I have bought a couple of cars that were sales cars with some miles. Whoever used the cars had stuck little pieces of felt between the trim all over in the car. They did ride quiet. You could also deaden the car like they do for car stereo. The cheap way is to get peel and stick roof patch from a hardware chain and put it under the door panels and under floor carpet for a start. There is paintable deadening too, and you can use foam spray in some areas like pillars just don't stick up something that needs to move in there. Note where the noise comes from such as wheel wells. You may need to adjust/add seals of some kind for wind noise around doors. Of course active would be a lot cooler to pull off.

Hide this!Advertise here!