Clarion DXZ675USB - Pops sometimes when turning down volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi...I got tired of my Kenwood KDC-MP4028 overheating and having my highs fade in and out when I listen to my music cranked up for a long period of time. So, I got me a Clarion DXZ675USB cause I'm getting a 8GB flash drive and I'm using that flash drive to put ALL my music on I want to listen to and then won't need to carry around cd's. I never owned a Clarion before but I'm really loving the sound quality out of this one...It out performs my Kenwood and I'm glad I didn't get the Alpine CDA-9883 I was looking at. There is a issue though....I do have a extra 3 year warranty on this unit through SquareTrade and noticed that it doesn't do it all the time, but sometimes after playing it for a while when you press down on the volume slider and it goes down in volume, you hear a loud bass pop and then that's it...You don't hear it again. I know you usually hear it when you turn a unit on or off but this is the first time I have heard it when the unit has been on for a while. Is this something to worry about? I really am liking this unit and would hate to have to pull everything out again and have to send it back for repair or something. If it comes to that, I would want a refund but I don't know if my warranty would do that for me. I probably won't worry about it and will maybe try and get another HU next year around tax time if it bothers me that much.

Well, I explained my situation with the company I got the unit from on Ebay and they won't give me a refund. They said it sounds like something to do with my amp or speakers and I need to maybe try to turn the gain down on the amp which I know is not true cause it never did that with my Kenwood receiver. So, I told them I might try and exercise my extra warranty I got through SquareTrade and they said to do that cause that's what it is for. So I filed a claim last night and will try and see what they can do for me. It didn't do it this morning so I don't know what it is that happens that causes that but I don't want it to hurt my system later on down the road. I might try and adjust the gain a little bit and see if that helps but other than that, I might just work on getting a refund on this product.

I think I would send it back if you are sure the volume makes it do it. I mean check your grounds and all, RCAs, but hard to see how something outside the deck would do that. I did have a strange problem with an alpine and a 5ch kicker. I put the kicker in and on the new subs, but left my old amp on highs until I could finish wiring. Every time I got between a song I would hear noises of the CD finding the next song in the subs. It was strange, and if I FF the CD it would make a bunch of bumping sounds. They were not real loud, but irritating. I hooked the high side up and it went away, clear as can be now. Also had a grounded crossover splitting the signal from HU to the amps, it had worked fine with two other sub amps in there shortly before.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.