PPI PCX-2200 took it toll on subs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Kinda funny, I got it all hooked up and my Sdat 10" subs sound pretty good with it. bout little over 1/4 gain, volume 3/4 on deck. showed my buddy and he decided he would like to hook his kickers up to it and see what they would do! put box in my cherokee and left settings alone. welp they hit for a little while untill the nasty crackeling sound started! I had to laugh, and he didn't think it was funny. But he had control of the volume! so in comparison my Sdats took more than his kickers did! Put a set of audiobahns in my box and damn they hit hard!!! mite just buy those audiobahns. all subs tryed were 10s. Making me wonder what a set of 12s will do?

Ok, thanks for the help. god knows I have the power now. Oh yea, what amp altenater woud you suggest to get for my cherokee. it has a 90 amp now and lights dim bad. I have found 117 amp and a 120 amp. then there are the aftermarket ones 160,180,200 amp ones but man,$$$$

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.