Any rumors on 2008 Head Units - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th January 2008, 07:23 PM   #11
phrarod is offline phrarod  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm real confident about doing it if I was smart enough to know it was there.

I rebuilt the amp when it blew a op-amp so I should be able to do the gain. I'll have to look at the manual I have. Its a MC-245.

Thanks!! That would be great to be able to listen to music again without gritting my teeth and playing with the 7-EQ all the time.
Old 12th January 2008, 08:18 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

I should hope if you could replace the op-amps, that you can find the gains. They should be in holes between the fins above the RCA inputs. Since you have multiple inputs, you want to adjust each one & since you have a seperate gain for both left & right channels, you will want to try to keep them matched.

Here's a picture of a similar amp to yours with the gains circled:
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12th January 2008, 08:20 PM   #13
phrarod is offline phrarod  United States
diyAudio Member

Perfect! Thanks. I know just where they are. I'll give it a go.

Really appreciate the slap on the head.
Old 12th January 2008, 11:19 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Let me know how things go. Hopefully, they aren't already maxed out.
Old 13th January 2008, 12:22 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

I am Disappointed that I have not seen a wireless high speed internet connection in a head unit that would allow you to play music and videos off of a mainframe or your own pc.

Why have an ipod that holds 3000 songs, I would rather have one that holds 0 but has immediate access to every song or movie recorded.

Gives me worked up just thinking about it.
Old 13th January 2008, 02:07 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

That's a nice idea, but I don't think that 95% of the people out there would be able to figure out how to network their car. However, if you want to, you could do it with a one of those cellular do-hickies connected to a car pc. True, that's a clumsy way to do it. I imagine that some day in the next 50 years, it won't matter much, because everything will be connected in such a way & all of our stuff will be in a mainframe somewhere to be accessed at a moments notice for the fee of only $99 a month.
Old 13th January 2008, 05:34 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
That's a nice idea, but I don't think that 95% of the people out there would be able to figure out how to network their car. However, if you want to, you could do it with a one of those cellular do-hickies connected to a car pc. True, that's a clumsy way to do it. I imagine that some day in the next 50 years, it won't matter much, because everything will be connected in such a way & all of our stuff will be in a mainframe somewhere to be accessed at a moments notice for the fee of only $99 a month.

It wont be long after that a robot will come back in time and try to kill Sara Conner.
Old 13th January 2008, 06:08 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

That's kinda wierd, because at church today, the pastor had a cardboard cutout of the terminator with him. That's all I could think of too.
Old 13th January 2008, 08:52 PM   #19
Eva is offline Eva  Spain
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Eva
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Hotnuts
I am Disappointed that I have not seen a wireless high speed internet connection in a head unit that would allow you to play music and videos off of a mainframe or your own pc.

Why have an ipod that holds 3000 songs, I would rather have one that holds 0 but has immediate access to every song or movie recorded.

Gives me worked up just thinking about it.
Wide wireless bandwidth for everybody is just not practical.

I don't even know if cars, consumer electronics, internet and mobile phones will continue to be possible once life style in some parts of the world changes and everybody in China, South America and Africa starts to demand a sports car, a mobile phone, an internet connection and a dozen electronic appliances. This amounts to several billion people, but we live in a world with limited natural and energy resources.

They told us to grow and multiply without having a clue on the consequences (as usual)
Old 14th January 2008, 03:01 AM   #20
jol50 is offline jol50  United States
diyAudio Member

Lots of new technology looks like junk to me. The quality is not there in lossy compression for music, I can't stand all the re-run TV shows that have pitiful video and sound quality. My cable provider here wants me to get a land line from them....who are they kidding so my phone dies every time there is a storm on this side of the state? Get some snow or bad weather and your dish does not work, most of these cheap appliances you buy now are throw away junk and do not work well. I mean can't anyone make a good working <$15 toaster now? No they can't after all this time. Our air control and phone systems in the US are from the 60s, they were all made with sliderules! What kind of junk do you want me to swallow next? The music industry is a mess with them so diligently trying to kill themselves and the media sucks. Took me near 10 minutes to open a new DVD yesterday by hand with all the 10,000lb tinsel strength plastic stickers all the way around it that must be removed with no easy way to do so. The tape is stronger than the case, one day I tore a whole case in half but the tape on the end held. At least they don't crack if you look at them funny like the CD cases do, that are taped shut nearly as badly. I think my next step will be solid state media I can plug into the HU, that is about the only good thing I see now that cost is so low for it. I'm still using records, er, CDs I mean since they are about as user friendly in a car.

Hide this!Advertise here!