PPI tuned off!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Was adj gain in my system and it hit a bass note and my PPI PCX-2200 turned off! Checked 50amp fuse by battery and blowed. Installed a new one and still nothing. wasn't pushing amp hard at all. Volume about 1/4 way and gain at 1/4 on amp. what gives? is there a fuse inside the amp? Thanks.

/\/\haha, wow I must learn to type faster haha

No there is no internal fuse. Take a meter and put the leads on the power and ground plug to check for 12vdc (make sure they are still connected). Also, using the same ground wire on the amp, check the remote lead for 12vdc. Maybe your ground wire isn't tight. Also, did you bridge it? You can't bridge two 4 ohm subs, that will make the amp go into protection.

I am running two duell 4ohm subs wired to a 4 ohm load briged. there is no light on, red or green I listened to it for about 2 hours last night and then this morning i tuned sterio on and was ajusting gain and about 1/4 way up it hit a deep bass note and tuned off immediantly. light went off! no smoke or smell of any thing burnt. rechecked all wire conections and even tryed a 3rd fuse. still nothing.

As the sweat dripps off

well as the sweat dripps off my head I found the problem. It was the crimp I had on the power wire to the battery. Is this over kill?, My main power wire from the battery to my junktion box is 2/0 gauge welding cable. them from the juction box everything else is 4 gauge, including the ground wire.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.