Blaupunkt Nurnberg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've just bought a Blaupunkt Nurnberg M14 for my 1975 W115 mercedes. I'm not hugely concerned this isn't 100% original, but I think is a nice radio.
But I am new to car radios. Could someone give me some pointers on where to get the Blaupunkt plugs (in the UK) and their pinouts please.
Looking at the photos, I assume the one above the fuse is speakers and below is power. The 6 pin DIN is an aux line I know and would love a pinout for that too.
Thanks
IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg

You are right about the connections below the fuse being the power connections. The small one to the left is the power antenna wire. The 2 larger ones are power and ground. I do not remember which is which, but with an ohm meter it will be easy to figure out. One connection will be connected to the chassis of the radio. The other will be connected to one of the fuse connections. From what I remember the blade part of the connector is positive and the round pin is negative.

If it was for a cassette or an 8 track, there might be 2 signal wires in that plug that would have gone to the deck then went to a switch that would either send that signal back for the deck to play the radio. If there was a tape in the deck it would then send tape signal to the head unit. If you get it hooked up and have no output I can help you figure out the output and back in connections.

If so, how would you select the auxilary, with the small orange button

Blaupunkt made external cassette decks, I'm not aware of any 8-tracks.

The ARI button is... ummm, "Automatic Radio Information" if memory serves me. It's an emergency broadcast network that overides the tuner whenever there's a report.

The Aux has R/L outputs and inputs, so switching is handled automatically within the cassette deck. IIRC, power and ground exist in the Aux jack for the external unit. There should be a shorting plug in the jack to operate without cassette. That plug will show you which pins are jumped, those will be signals. Pop the top and have a look inside, it shouldn't be too tough to figure out which is in/out from there.

Chassis ground is be the connector closest to the edge (on the right) and Accessory 12V in the middle. Speaker pins are from left to right as follows: R-, R+, L-, L+. If you get the plugs, they will be exactly as I Am An Idiot stated. You should be able to get them from any Blaupunkt dealer.

Neat old tuner, makes me want one

Great, thanks guys.
I'll definitely want help with the aux line once it's working. But to connect it I'll need the speaker plug(s). For power connections, do I need to give +12v to the antenna power socket (accessory or permanent)? Also, the blade on the right I'm guessing takes ground (-ve), then next is +12v (permanent?), then there is a slot for a smaller blade, is this ground for the antenna, or +12v accessory?

Thanks again for the help, it's a nice looking radio and cosmetically very good. Looking forward to putting an ipod in it! Do they have good FM reception?

Attachments

• blaupfranksterx.jpg
    blaupfranksterx.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 111
do I need to give +12v to the antenna power socket (accessory or permanent)?

That's a 12V output to run the power antenna up and down. If your antenna is stationary, leave it disconnected.

The 12V terminal can be connected to constant or switched power. There's no need for constant 12V since this is an analog tuner (station presets are mechanical), and there's no clock.

The slot between the 12V switched and power antenna out would tie the radio's illumation to the dash lights if there were a terminal there.

Cool radio, I may look for something similar for my test bench.

Tim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.