Blaupunkt Nurnberg - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th November 2007, 09:30 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Blaupunkt Nurnberg

I've just bought a Blaupunkt Nurnberg M14 for my 1975 W115 mercedes. I'm not hugely concerned this isn't 100% original, but I think is a nice radio.
But I am new to car radios. Could someone give me some pointers on where to get the Blaupunkt plugs (in the UK) and their pinouts please.
Looking at the photos, I assume the one above the fuse is speakers and below is power. The 6 pin DIN is an aux line I know and would love a pinout for that too.
Thanks
Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 25th November 2007, 01:40 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

You are right about the connections below the fuse being the power connections. The small one to the left is the power antenna wire. The 2 larger ones are power and ground. I do not remember which is which, but with an ohm meter it will be easy to figure out. One connection will be connected to the chassis of the radio. The other will be connected to one of the fuse connections. From what I remember the blade part of the connector is positive and the round pin is negative.
Old 25th November 2007, 02:14 AM   #3
ppia600 is offline ppia600  United States
diyAudio Member

/\ what he said Also, that would be strange for that deck to have an auxilary input.. would that have been for eight track or cassette? If so, how would you select the auxilary, with the small orange button??
Old 25th November 2007, 02:32 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

If it was for a cassette or an 8 track, there might be 2 signal wires in that plug that would have gone to the deck then went to a switch that would either send that signal back for the deck to play the radio. If there was a tape in the deck it would then send tape signal to the head unit. If you get it hooked up and have no output I can help you figure out the output and back in connections.
Old 25th November 2007, 05:37 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
If so, how would you select the auxilary, with the small orange button
Blaupunkt made external cassette decks, I'm not aware of any 8-tracks.

The ARI button is... ummm, "Automatic Radio Information" if memory serves me. It's an emergency broadcast network that overides the tuner whenever there's a report.

The Aux has R/L outputs and inputs, so switching is handled automatically within the cassette deck. IIRC, power and ground exist in the Aux jack for the external unit. There should be a shorting plug in the jack to operate without cassette. That plug will show you which pins are jumped, those will be signals. Pop the top and have a look inside, it shouldn't be too tough to figure out which is in/out from there.

Chassis ground is be the connector closest to the edge (on the right) and Accessory 12V in the middle. Speaker pins are from left to right as follows: R-, R+, L-, L+. If you get the plugs, they will be exactly as I Am An Idiot stated. You should be able to get them from any Blaupunkt dealer.

Neat old tuner, makes me want one
Old 25th November 2007, 09:41 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Great, thanks guys.
I'll definitely want help with the aux line once it's working. But to connect it I'll need the speaker plug(s). For power connections, do I need to give +12v to the antenna power socket (accessory or permanent)? Also, the blade on the right I'm guessing takes ground (-ve), then next is +12v (permanent?), then there is a slot for a smaller blade, is this ground for the antenna, or +12v accessory?

Thanks again for the help, it's a nice looking radio and cosmetically very good. Looking forward to putting an ipod in it! Do they have good FM reception?
Old 25th November 2007, 01:24 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

This site has the speaker plugs.
http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_stereo_s.../blaupunkt.htm

Attached is a photo of the shorting jumper. It's From the back of a Frankfurt on the following page. It should be the same as your radio. The photo of a Nurmberg M14 (2 down from the frankfurt) shows a shorting jumper in place.
http://www.oldtimerradio.com/auto.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blaupfranksterx.jpg (12.7 KB, 73 views)
Old 25th November 2007, 02:33 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I was going to Photoshop the Jumper onto his radio and that is when I noticed he was holding the jumper plug out of the way with his hand. Harry when you get the radio working it may be possible to use a switch and a portable MP3 player for audio.
Old 25th November 2007, 03:31 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

fantastic. Yeah the plastic plug does have brass jumper on two of the pins. So will I have to wire a switch into the aux lead to break/make that jump for switching between radio and aux?
Old 25th November 2007, 07:28 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Correct I would try to find a plug so you do not have to destroy your jumper. It looks like a standard 6 pin din plug.

Hide this!Advertise here!