Best SQ amp in a small package? - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th November 2007, 04:33 PM   #51
jol50 is offline jol50  United States
diyAudio Member

You could try a 6.5 sub in there, but at that point I would really try to figure out how I could mount an 8 or 10 in a small box or custom box...or a shallow 10 for a sub. Keep using the 6x9 for what they do now, but improving the area/enclosure will help them. Tangband makes some small high xmax subs.
Old 27th November 2007, 08:39 PM   #52
shagone is offline shagone  United States
diyAudio Member

here are the 6.5" subs to look at. you could use an mdf baffle to mount them and bump them out a bit if the depth is too much but i'm not sure if there is a panel that has to fit over them or not.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=264-832

if the 6.5' subs won't fit then the cdt or Tang Band 6x9's should be a direct fit and give some decent bass and the cabin gain will give the sensation of more low end bass even if it is not really there. after all your not looking to win an spl contest you just want some clean balanced sound right?
Old 16th March 2009, 07:05 PM   #53
diyAudio Member

Default alpine 3547

i saw in here someone said they believed the hp lp cross over points were 80 hz any one know for sure if that is accurate?
Old 26th March 2009, 05:12 AM   #54
diyAudio Member

I am a BIG fan of those 6.5" tangband subwoofers. Don't expect much freeair in a rear deck, but with a designed solution, they are a phenomenal novelty and a heck of alot of fun. Especially if you are in an SPL competition that places categories by cone area!

--------------

If you are looking for VERY sweet amplifiers at a small package and a smaller budget, my very favorite model is the Audison SRx line, in particular the SRx4. This amp is 2 inches longer than a PDX amp but otherwise of similar dimensions. rated for 65x4 or 160x2 bridged, it has an incredibly sweet sound. The Audison sound.

Hide this!Advertise here!