slot porting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you could possibly do it if you can manage to get the correct port length and width calculated to fit properly. the ports might have to be firing off to the sides towards the rear of the box and you might run into clearance issues on the outside for the port to breath properly.

or maybe you could slot port it straight up the top of the box but in that case you could just use flared round ports.

are you going for high SPL or sound quality? depending on your subs (and amp) you might be better off with a simple sealed box for sound quality if your subs will work correctly sealed in your given box volume and your amp has decent power to push them. This is just my opinion and the opinion of many others as well.

Old Precision Power (PPI) are said to be good amps, I have a 150w one that works well. Not familiar with the newer ones but for subs I'll use anything that works....unlike the high side.

Sealed box will be smallest in general. You really need to figure out what you want to tune the box to for Hz, for SPL/SQ or between. Then see what size box the sub you want needs and if that fits your space. You can d-load winISD free and put the sub specs into it to get an idea, or most subs say in the manual/on their site what size works well. You have to make it the right size for that sub to get the most out of it at the tuning you want.

You can port any box, but it will be larger than sealed for the same driver/tuning. You can hardly ever port an existing sealed box and have it work right without making it larger or changing drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.