New Project DD Z1a.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
3S is a Korean company that offers a off the shelf Fet driver board used by many amp builders worldwide, just like Tripath here in the USA.
The 3S boards you mentioned do use those exact devices you stated, but that number may only be on that board, as they offer many off the shelf and custom built boards to their clients.

thats why I sent to you to the chip makers company site International Rectifier < IR.com>

You might get lucky and be 100% on target but at least with reviewing the manufacturers documents the guess might be narrowed to a for certain in your search.

3S is just a board maker, IR is the original part designer < less chance of a FUBAR in your search>.

Perhaps IR will have a demo circuit in their paperwork that will show you a reliable part number that can be used their...:)

Safe_Cracker said:
Should be the same little board used on the AT 5000.1, new version if anyone has one let us know...;) BTW Phoenix gold makes good amps and yes they do not scrub there numbers off BUT they are still Korean made, like it or not majority of quality produced amps are Korean, they do a great job with the build quality

Safe_Cracker said:
Oh here is a couple of pics of an AT 5000.1, uses the same control board again the ic's numbers are AWOL!

Safe_Cracker said:
Hey I looked at one of my old PG amps X1200.1 and it has a couple of chips with a mysterious black epoxy blob on it and it came from the same manufacture 3S-Tech, lOl go figure... The set of four IC's on the above board is IRS21844S , nailed it down now to figure out the two little ones in the center... Polo..

Told yah. ;)

just to clear things up, when I mentioned the term "generic" I wasn't talking about mass produced amps with no regards to build quality. what I meant was that the basic topology of the amps are similar to many others but scaled up or down for different power levels and cost. :) I do agree that 3S-Tech made amps are of good quality.

Safe_Cracker said:
I got the numbers off the chips, not as a guess but using a stain and a UV light I was able to extract them, pure CSI sh!t... :D ;) Polo..

what stain did you use? nice job! maybe you could post a photo? :D

Yes UV die and appropriate lighting might yield the number also, sorta like Zyglo testing for cracks in metal, it will fill the original marks and such and ease the view under proper lighting,
Smart move on your part, Most would have missed that approach. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

The IR21844S is a standard off the shelf IC with designs all the way back to IR themselves, perhaps a search of the IR site will give you a clue to the 8 pin chips also......:) 3S has distributors for their pre-built cards and a website, just a FYI..

I had a person call me about 6 months ago wanting me to repair the exact same amp your working on. I questioned him about factory support and he said they told him 7 months turn around for a rebuild. I was astounded to say the least.

LMK how the UV die thing works on the 8 pin chips...:)

****** UPDATE ******

Waiting on parts.. Went through some of the main board started cleaning up solder joints and stuff where I really didn't care for what the manufacture did , lOl. I did notice there were 4 resistors that looked like they were changed after the everything was assembled, maybe the manufacture fine tuned or found they made a mistake, I don't know but I will be replacing them also just for looks sake! Polo...

pcb1.jpg

pcb3.jpg

pcb2.jpg

pcb4.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.