audison vrx (old vs newer versions)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to everyone. Just need some opinions from members that are familiar with the Audison vrx range of amplifiers.

I have the original vrx4.300 which I got from a friend. It is the first original version(silver with the wooden strip). Subsequent versions were the 2000edition which looks the same but has an internal fuse and connection for capacitor, and possibly other upgrades which I am not aware of. Then came the latest version which is black/dark blue in colour with aluminum strip. This newest version's most important upgrade is the use of Sanken output devices throughout the amplifier.

My question is: how much better are the newer ones? Is there a great/ worthwhile/ noticable improvement in sound when comparing the older with the newer version?

The reason I ask is because I may be able to sell mine and get a newer one, but at some not-inconsiderable cost. Is it worth it?

Anyone done any tweaking on these amps? Like replacing electrolytics etc. What results did you have?

thanking you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.