Question on Alpine MRP-M450 speaker connections

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was just overlooking the .pdf version of my owners manual on the Alpine site for my MRP-M450 amplifier and was confused on how they are saying you hook up your RCA cables. Attachment 1 shows them saying you attched the RCA cables like regular, L to L and R to R, 2 rca cables. I have mine like this as I always have and the RCAs go to my sub RCAs on my head unit. Now, I always thought that's the way you hook them but then on the next page Attachment 2 says to use a Y connector and connect to the L RCA jack. Which one is the right connection? I'm running the amp to 2 subs. I think the one where they say to use a Y adapter is only if you have 1 speaker but of course they don't mention that. They say in the manual that if the RCAs are not connected properly it can mean less power output. Which setup is the right one? Thanks :cool:

Attachments

• amp1.jpg
    amp1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 118
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.