Mysterious Rockford amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

Got a Rockford Fosgate Punch 100a2 amp. (25Wx2 4ohms,and 50Wx2 at 2ohms.)

I opened it up to check it out after a recent drop,and all seems fine,and the amp works okay...
While it was open,I noticed that the SMPS FET's have been replaced,and a small jumper added,to replace a fried trace..
No biggie,the repair work looks good,and the amp works,so.
The filter caps (post-SMPS) are rather small though,at 330uf each. (I'm thinking it'll replace them with some 1000uf caps.)

Also,I noticed that the SMPS transformer has a sticker around it,with the writing "2032A 100.2 cbs(at)theriver.com"

Is this some kind of replacment/aftermarket/custom transformer? (maybe the old one shorted,and fried the original FET's?)

The output transistors/FET's (haven't taken the mounting clamp off to check the PN's yet.) appear stock,with the factory (wave?) soldering,so they haven't been replaced or fiddled with... just the SMPS FET's..

I was just pondering,maybe some of this gives a clue as to who fixed it previously? (Whoever you are,it's still working just fine,good job!)

One last question,Since this amp says it's okay to run 2ohm stereo,I would assume a 4ohm load,bridged,would be okay?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.