Question about MTX 311D - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd November 2007, 08:48 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Question about MTX 311D

Good Day!

I was kinda hoping someone could answer my question for me...

Problem is that when i turn the volume up on my deck pass a certain point i start to lose my bass until the point that it's almost not out putting at all, when it does this the sub looks like it's just kinda floating around in the box with no real drive behind it,
So the first thing i did was try another sub on the amp but it worked fine, but then when i hooked mine back up it was still working fine on that one as well! well next day back to same problem so i just wires the sub to a friends 4501D and gave my MTX 10' 5500 a beating like it never got before! Didn't cut out at all, hot the 311D back up and same problem...... So i was wondering what could cause this and should i just buy a new amp?

Hmmmm just thought that i never tested my deck either..... New kenwood around 6 months old...

Thanks in advance for your help

oh and you can figure out that i'm no writer by the length on them sentences! lol

Spazz!
Old 3rd November 2007, 05:50 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I also noticed today that the red power light no longer comes on, also seems to have more bass then normal at lower volume... I think i see an Alpine in the future ...

Spazz
Old 5th November 2007, 01:37 AM   #3
ppia600 is offline ppia600  United States
diyAudio Member

Don't give up yet.. there are several people here who might be able to help you figure it out if you can be patient. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.
Old 23rd November 2007, 08:50 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

So i broke down and bought me an Alpine! Opened up my MTX at the dealer and couldn't find anything bad on it, Going to by a new multimeter and do some testing of my own from all the info I've be learning from reading on here!
Old 23rd November 2007, 02:21 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I'm not familiar with the 311D. If no one else can help, post at least one decent photo of the guts so I can see if it looks familiar. It's probably similar to the 801D.

If you can take a high resolution photo of the internals, email it to me.

babin_perry@yahoo.com

Since you couldn't find any visible signs of damage, you'll have to be able to recreate the fault on the bench to troubleshoot the problem.

Hide this!Advertise here!