2SA1694 and 2SC4467 replacements? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th October 2007, 10:05 PM   #1
spooney is offline spooney  United States
diyAudio Member

Default 2SA1694 and 2SC4467 replacements?

Does anybody know of a readily available replacement for the 2SA1694 and the 2SC4467? I've found some online but they are a bit pricey.I'm hoping to find a quality replacement for less money if at all possible.I'm looking for at least 4 of each maybe more if the price is right.
Old 30th October 2007, 07:16 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

If the rail voltage is less than 50v, TIP35Cs and TIP36Cs should work but you should test the amp thoroughly before returing the amp to the owner.

In some instances, the clamping system and layout cause problems. The legs of the TIPs are set back slightly compared to the others. If the amp uses spring clamps and the transistors are mounted vertically and very close to the board, the TIPs may not sit flat on the sink and may run hot.
Old 30th October 2007, 10:40 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

The amp in question is a Kenwood KAC-X301T .I've yet to really get into testing it other than finding a few of the outputs to be shorted.I'm not sure of the rail voltage on the amplifier.The transistors in this amp are clamped onto the heatsink via a screw right through the mounting hole.
Old 30th October 2007, 11:20 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

The original transistors are likely your best choice. Try eBay and MCM for replacements. kenwoodparts probably has them but they're going to be expensive.
Old 30th October 2007, 11:28 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Is Bdent a reliable parts supplier?They have these parts for quite a bit less than anyone else i've seen.
Old 31st October 2007, 12:36 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

never mind that last question.For whatever reason I was getting readings that indicated shorted transistors from my meter yesterday.I rechecked today and all appeared in order.The only other problem I found with the amp was that there was a blown ground trace very close to the ground input on the amplifier(I've seen a lot of these in kenwood amps).I replaced the ground trace and the amplifier powered up and played cleanly.

Hide this!Advertise here!