2SA1694 and 2SC4467 replacements?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anybody know of a readily available replacement for the 2SA1694 and the 2SC4467? I've found some online but they are a bit pricey.I'm hoping to find a quality replacement for less money if at all possible.I'm looking for at least 4 of each maybe more if the price is right.

If the rail voltage is less than ±50v, TIP35Cs and TIP36Cs should work but you should test the amp thoroughly before returing the amp to the owner.

In some instances, the clamping system and layout cause problems. The legs of the TIPs are set back slightly compared to the others. If the amp uses spring clamps and the transistors are mounted vertically and very close to the board, the TIPs may not sit flat on the sink and may run hot.

The amp in question is a Kenwood KAC-X301T .I've yet to really get into testing it other than finding a few of the outputs to be shorted.I'm not sure of the rail voltage on the amplifier.The transistors in this amp are clamped onto the heatsink via a screw right through the mounting hole.

never mind that last question.For whatever reason I was getting readings that indicated shorted transistors from my meter yesterday.I rechecked today and all appeared in order.The only other problem I found with the amp was that there was a blown ground trace very close to the ground input on the amplifier(I've seen a lot of these in kenwood amps).I replaced the ground trace and the amplifier powered up and played cleanly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.