Xtant 3150c

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys

Anyone worked with a 3150c before?

I bought one recently. Looks brand new. Stiil has the plastic seal on the cover etc.

Powers up, but I do not get any signal out. The noise gate selector switch is on bypass.

I have tried it with the Balanced line module as well, but do not get anything out from the speaker terminals.

I have the instruction manual, but it is not much help.

I can attach pics if required.

Thanks
Kelwin

I have seen this problem a few times. It has something to do with the front end input. I have not teched the issue out but I do remember getting signals out of the amp if the input IC's section was bypassed by sending signal directly to the input diff pair of each channel.

I recommend testing the power supply feeds to these IC's and try bypassing the balanced input section by swapping the jumpers. Also make sure all the input vertical boards have jumpers installed when there are no boards installed in them.

Xtant is now owned by Mitec MTX. I have not heard anything positive about them offering any support for these early model Xtant amps. Good luck...:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.