Kenwood kac-x201T

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need the top switching part for this amp.so if anyone has a broken one please let me know cause ill pay ya for it.just the part where the fan is the four switches below that thats what i need.some dumbass turned them to hard i guess cause they are broken and keep spinning.

i just happen to have one that has a turn on problem. I'll check out those switches to see if they are in working order.I've been trying to repair this thing but its really a pain in the *** to work on because of how it is assembled.How much are you looking to pay for the part you need.

kenwood kac-x201t

yea that sounds good spooney.this one powers up and all but them darn gain switches are messed up.baught this at a rummage sale and the guy said he messed them up some how.if you would please see if you could unhook the fan part and them switches because i belive they are all one piece.please let me know what you want for it spooney cause ill pay you and shipping.
thanks lots
SomeDude

the more i think about it the more i realize its not really worth it to sell just the switches because then i'm stuck with an amp that is basically unrepairable.If you want i'll sell you the whole thing for 25 bucks shipped.That way if you ever have another problem with the amp you'll have parts for it.Let me know what you think.

I recently bought some parts and am still in the midst of troubleshooting it.If you can find a working one for 25 bucks I suggest you do so. Its a decent little amp and definitely worth 25 bucks. I wouldn't doubt that you could get double that from the right buyer.I'd be taking a loss by selling only the switches.I'm sure somebody here can tell you what part you need to replace those switches.Its probably some sort of potentiometer.

i'm glad you found your parts as mine would have been of no use to you.I finally got the amp working and when i got the fan cover to slide open i found that somebody had abused the switches on mine as well.The switches themselves were intact but 2 of the four plastic knobs were busted off.

vr1 is the gain switch and vr2-vr4 are the rest here is the part numbers you need

Attachments

• attachment.jpeg
    attachment.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 53
does your amp have all of its screws?Mine had none. I just picked up ones that fit at the hardware store. 6 mm diameter for the power connections and 4mm diameter for the speakers and remote connections.The length doesn't have to be any set dimension just as long as it doesn't stick out too far past the bottom of the terminal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.