rockford fosgate punch 200ix transformer plays music?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was replacing some caps in a friends punch 200 and after the repair i fired it up to verify functionality. The amp plays fine and doesn't appear to get overly hot or anything like that but when you turn up the volume with no load attached to the amp you can faintly hear music that appears to be coming from the transformer. Is this the sign of a much larger problem or is it just something that happens from time to time?I've never seen anything like this before.

All amps will sound like that when they are driven hard with no speakers plug in to them. I seen it, well i should say i heard it with concert amps, home stereo amps and car amps. Is weird but that is how it works, it is not safe to blast an amp with no speakers plug in to them, i wouldn't do that often. One time to check the amp real quick is ok but don't do it to often.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.