Simple AMP DIY - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2007, 04:51 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Simple AMP DIY

I want to create a AMP for my car, I did some research and all of the site gave me are to technical in nature, i was hopping that there would be a easier way or instruction that i could follow like, what board, diode, transistors that i should buy, and a step by step procedure on assembling it.

thanks
Old 11th October 2007, 07:09 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Look at www.41hz.com or www.chipamp.com both offer full kits. All you need to do is follow the instructions and solder, add a power supply, and case.
Old 12th October 2007, 06:36 AM   #3
djQUAN is offline djQUAN  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to djQUAN Send a message via Yahoo to djQUAN
the websites posted above have complete instructions for the amplifier sections.

as far as I know, there is no commercial/kit alternative for the car SMPS. you could, however, cannibalize one from an existing car amp. just what I did....

a P3A/P68 hybrid 2channel amp still using the original powersupply and preamp sections.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12th October 2007, 07:52 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LightwaveDude
Look at www.41hz.com or www.chipamp.com both offer full kits. All you need to do is follow the instructions and solder, add a power supply, and case.
Thanks LightwaveDude for the links... the second site i think gave me an idea what a chip would look like.

another question arises, if you dont mind, and sorry for my ignorance, may i ask those chips that i saw did not have jack in/out(or RCF? red and white input/output)?

so where will i connect the Head units audio output? and where will i connect the speakers input?

thanks
Old 12th October 2007, 05:30 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by djQUAN
the websites posted above have complete instructions for the amplifier sections.

as far as I know, there is no commercial/kit alternative for the car SMPS. you could, however, cannibalize one from an existing car amp. just what I did....

a P3A/P68 hybrid 2channel amp still using the original powersupply and preamp sections.

Click the image to open in full size.
may i know how you come about this project? i mean what are the parts that i could change in a cannibalized car amp? and where could i bu this kit in the Philippines? is it much cheaper to build than to buy a new one?

thanks
Old 12th October 2007, 05:36 PM   #6
djQUAN is offline djQUAN  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to djQUAN Send a message via Yahoo to djQUAN
I just traced the circuit and isolated the powersupply section from the amp section. then drew a line and chopped the board in half.

I then made a new amp section from a schematic from www.sound.au.com P68 two for a stereo pair.
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:10 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Doomsdaymyway
Are most amplifiers capable of powering a sub woofer?

I'm beginning a similar project only for a dedicated sub woofer amp. Will it have proper response in the 20-200hz range?

What did you end up using for a power supply, I'm assuming for a car it requires 12v dc. I've never seen a DIY car amplifier before.

Hide this!Advertise here!